Saturday, September 8, 2012

Pinata Fun

Today I started to do what I thought would be a fun and easy project with Kale, make a pinata.  His birthday is coming up in October and he wants to do a Buzz & Woody Party.  Toy Story!  So I decided instead of buying a pinata we would just make a Mr. Potato head one.  Thanks to Pintrest.

Easy - yes it was easy.  Basically tear paper and dip in in a bowl with flour and water. 
Fun - Yes it was very fun, it was easy enough Kale could do it, and I'm pretty excited to  see how it turns out after I paint it.
What I didn't factor in was the MESS!  
Kale throughly enjoyed dipping paper in flour paste and swinging it around in the process.  Even slapping it and forming it on the balloon was a highlight for him.  But when we were done he looked like he had been rolled in bread dough, the floor/table/everything was a mess and the paste did NOT come off easily.  So I sat on the floor with the back of a spoon for a good hour and scraped the dried flour past from the floor and chairs. 
Note to self: do outside next time, or cover Everything in trash bags!
Below are some pictures of our fun, I will post a photo later of the finished product.




No comments:

Post a Comment